We go where our vision is – Joseph EM.
I believe we have many goals we want them fulfilled in our generation. And I truly believe they are possible to achieve. Our needs are genuine and constitutional. Following are some of them:
1. Restoration of Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Not that we crave for government funding, but because ST is tied to many other survival needs in Arunachal Pradesh. We don’t ask for recognition but restoration of the ST we had until 1970s. With its restoration, we look forward to a day when:
- – Our land will be legally ours. On that day, the government will issue us
- (land allotment).
- – Permanent trade permits are granted to our people.
- – Our people are recruited in government jobs, without turning down because ST certificate is not produced.
2. Completion of Miao – Vijoynagar Road
Now we walk four days on foot for the 157 km distance. But when the Road is completed, it is a matter of four hours journey. We will then say goodbye to:
- – Heavy luggage on our back.
- – Rs 100 for a kg of salt.
- – Untimely death of our dear ones without medical facilities.
- – One public phone in a large village like Shidi.
3. Demarcation of the Traditional Land from Lominaeyi (40th Mile)
The government on declaring our land as Namdapha Tiger Project (NTP) in 1985 forfeited the major portion of our land. Since then any cultivation we do within that limit, a derogatory word is used against us “encroachers”. I am imagining now – once the demarcation is completed:
- – We won’t be called encroachers.
- – I wonder to whom the NTP authorities will point fingers at for the absence of tigers and for the disappearance of animals in the park.
- – Our habitation and food supply will be sufficient, not suffer as face today.
There should be plenty other goals. But these goals will suffice for now. As we have these dreams ahead of us, let us remember this word from the Bible.
We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps – Proverbs 16:9.
Dream 1 realized on May 5, 2015 when ST or community certificate was issued from the ADC office Miao. Other two remains; they need a lot of our attention and hardwork. Unfortunately, Dream 1 was smashed by State Govt in January 2017, but restored again on 7th Dec 2018. (Updated: 31 Dec 2.018).
Next on MV Road still under pursuit. The recent follow up by the Governor BD Mishra since August 2019 gave some hope. But nothing changed on ground yet. We travel farthest upto 19 Miles which is the same distance about 10 years ago.