In the last weeks of January 2013, when brother Osini accompanied a four member arrived Miao, little did anyone knew who they were. I didn’t either. I just heard they have come.
Only on returning in Bangalore, I got in touch with one of the team members. I browsed their names. One of them stood distinctively – Mr. Harish Kapadia.
The team was in tour from 7 January to 3 February 2013.
We are very fortunate to have such reputed people visiting our land. Here are some of his profiles I read:
- Patron’s Medal of the Royal Geographic Society, UK.
- Life Time Achievement Award for Adventure by the President of India.
- King Albert Mountain Award presented by The King Albert I Memorial Foundation.
- Author of multiple books and articles.
- Mountaineer for 40 years.
- Had climbed 33 highest peaks.
They passed through the MV Road and reached Chaukan Pass.
Most probably, he’ll be publishing a book from this trip very soon. Looking forward to read more from his writings.