WHO WERE LIVING THOSE DAYS AT NIBODI?
The record of the letters by the MLAs said 60 families were living in Nibodi (they wrote as 52 Miles). My informants told some of the names:
- Atseta/ꓮ-ꓞꓲ-ꓔ (Father of Phulisa/ꓒꓴ-ꓡꓲ-ꓢ). He is the current GB of Aguchi/ꓮꓸ-ꓖꓴꓽ-ꓚꓲꓸ village, near Nibodi.
- Wahu/ꓪ-ꓧꓶꓽ (Father of Deeli/ꓓꓶ-ꓡꓲ) was former GB of Hazolo village. His wife, who belong to Adi tribe, was the only woman in Nibodi at the time of eviction who could speak Hindi.
- Pastor Yeku/ꓬ-ꓗꓴ still continues to be a senior pastor of Gandhigram church.
- Pholo/ꓒꓳ-ꓡꓳ (Father of Sayoha/ꓢ-ꓬꓳ-ꓦ/ꓓꓶ-ꓛꓬ-ꓡꓳꓽ) is at Aguchi/ꓮ-ꓖꓴꓽ-ꓚꓲꓸ for over a decade now.
- Late Yota/ꓬꓴ-ꓔ (Father of Yaelidee/ꓬꓯ-ꓡꓲ-ꓓꓶ). Yaelidee is now living at Nibodi, reclaiming his father’s land. He was then the village leader.
- Late Laphophi/ꓡ-ꓒꓶ-ꓒꓲ (Father of Liahwa/ꓡꓲꓼ-ꓮ-ꓧꓪꓼ).
- Late Ahdo/ꓮ-ꓓꓳꓽ (Father of Yoyehey/ꓬꓳ-ꓬꓯ-ꓦꓬ). He lived most of the time at Shidilo/ꓫꓵ-ꓓꓰ-ꓡꓳ where he had a farm. His son still doesn’t have sufficient land. So Yoyehey now live in Yacheyley/ꓭ-ꓛꓬꓽ-ꓡꓯꓼ village.
- Late Chizophi/ꓚꓲ.-ꓜꓳ-ꓒꓲ (Father of Tiala/ꓔꓲ-ꓮ-ꓡ).
- Late Liati/ꓡꓲ-ꓮ-ꓔꓲ (Father of Tsiyesi/ꓞꓲ-ꓬꓯ-ꓢꓲ)
- Late Khiwo/ꓘꓰ-ꓪꓳꓽ (Father of Manasi/ꓟ-ꓠ-ꓢꓲ): He died in Nibodi village in 2008. His two sons are there and also his aging wife, Lachi/ꓡ-ꓚꓰꓸ One of his sons, Naga/ꓠꓼ-ꓖꓼ died there before the eviction.
- Late Chizoloti/ꓚꓲ-ꓜꓳ-ꓡꓳ-ꓔꓲꓽ (Father of Ngwadu/ꓥꓪ-ꓮ-ꓓꓶꓽ): later he lived in Hazolo.
- Late Phuame/ꓒꓴ-ꓮ-ꓟꓯꓼ (Father of Aliye/ꓮ-ꓡꓲ-ꓬꓯꓼ) lived in Hazolo.
- List of articles from Lisu at 84 km (52 Miles) at the time of their eviction on 22 February 1979. (Letter No. Rev-110/78/61, Dated: 23 April 1979, Addressed to CO, By the DC, Khonsa, Tirap District).
- Parvana. (Letter No: VNR/GRM|105, Date: 24 October 1978, Addressed to Loasey/ꓡꓴ-ꓮ-ꓞꓯ Lisu, GB of Gandhigram and Simi Lisu, ASM, By Yang Tikhak, CO of Vijoynagar. Letter ordering GB and ASM to vacate people from Nibodi).
- Lisu settlement in 52th Mile, MV Road (Vijoynagar). (Dated: 9 December 1978, Addressed to DC, Khonsa, By J.P. Jugli MLA of Changlang and C. T. Mien MLA of Chowkham).
- Interview to eight people of “older generation”.
- Maitra, Asim. 1993. Profile of a Little-Known Tribe: An Ethnographic Study of Lisus of Arunachal Pradesh. New Delhi: Mittal Publications. Page 13.