- Proposal for creation of park area began in 1965 (vide preliminary notification No.A1316/46/23, dtd 7/7/1948).
- Declared as Reserved Forest in 1970.
- Established as a wildlife sanctuary in 2nd October 1972.
- Declared a National Park cum Tiger Reserve in 1983.
I will never believe the Namdapha and administrative authorities who are trying to prove we were not in Nibodi (52 Miles) village prior to 1970. Because I saw a document where the Deputy Commissioner of Khonsa (dated 23 April 1979) listed the articles the forest officers took from our villages.
Read more about Namdapha:
- Responses of ADC “The Lisus and Namdapha” and Field Director “The Lisus and Namdapha”
- Changlang district official site
- Namdapha site